Bandits attempting to flee the ongoing military operation in Zamfara and Katsina states met their death at Maganda village near Allawa in Niger State’s Shiroro Local Government Area.
The bandits, who were said to be fleeing in their hundreds through the notorious Allawa Forest, ran into the military camp stationed at Alawa and engaged the soldiers in a lengthy gun battle.
Read Also : Iyabo Ojo And Funke Akindele Beef ( Full Gist )
One soldier was reported missing after the gun battle.
Additionally, it was learned that dozens of bandits were neutralised and several others fled into the forest with bullet wounds.
Ejes Gist News reports that soldiers are trailing bandits who fled with serious bullet wounds as they comb the entire forest.
Read also : Breaking : Police Inspector Shot Dead
Approximately six machine guns, many AK-47 riffles, and bags of ammunition were recovered from the Bandits, according to reports.
According to a source in the Allawa community, “In fact, based on the dead bodies we saw, they all appear to be foreigners, as they all have long hair like women.” They bear no resemblance to Nigerians and are unfamiliar with the terrain, which is why they ran into the soldiers. They were unaware that there was a military base there.”
In April, bandits attacked the Military Base in Alawa, killing five soldiers and a mobile police officer.
The entire military camp was destroyed by armed bandits who broke into the base around 3 a.m. as soldiers returned from an area patrol.
Following the invasion of the military base, the bandits made their way to the community, where they murdered seven people and kidnapped several others.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer