As communities clash in Benue, scores of people are believed to have died, churches and homes have been burned.
ALSO READ : Sound Sultan ’s last message to Nigerians
In the Gboko Local Government Area of Benue State, a communal clash between the Ipav and Yandev communities resulted in the deaths of an unknown number of people.
The incident, which began on Saturday and lasted until Sunday evening, was reportedly caused by a land dispute between the Mbakpegh of Ipav and Mbatur of Yandev communities on the bank of the Amboor stream.
Over 30 houses, including worship centres, were razed during the incident, according to reports.
ALSO READ : Unknown Gunmen Abduct College Provost in Zamfara
According to an eyewitness, James Aondover, who shared the news on Facebook, the warring communities cut down economic trees such as oranges, mangoes, and cashews.
As of press time, details of the incident were still sketchy because Police Public Relations Officer Anene Sewuese Catherine was unable to take her calls or respond to text messages forwarded to her.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization