The report claimed the students were already in custody of Nigerian security forces
Hundreds of students abducted from a school in Kankara Local Government Area (LGA) of Katsina State have been released, authorities in the state have said.
The Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari, confirmed the release of the students on Thursday, a week after they were kidnapped by gunmen.
According to him, the boys are presently kept safe in Tsafe, a local government area in Zamfara State.
Governor Masari noted that the boys would be brought back to Kankara in Katsina State on Friday.
Mr Suleiman Tsiga, who is the Information Officer of Ƙanƙara LGA, also confirmed the release of the students to NewsMen
He disclosed that the state governor, Aminu Masari, had directed that the children be moved to Ƙankara LGA secretariat before he changed his decision for security reasons.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization