A Kano State High Court Wednesday declared the appointment and the set up of 4 new emirs by the Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, as null and void.
Justice Nasiru Saminu gave the ruling following a suit by the plaintiff, Hon. Sule Gwarzo, towards the Governor and the state authorities, for splitting the emirate.
It ordered a return to establishment pending the hearing of the suit towards the appointment of the emirs.
On Tuesday, kingmakers within the Kano emirate filed an analogous case.
In the suit with quantity Okay/197/2019 filed on Tuesday at a State High Court, Ganduje, the State House of Assembly, Attorney-General of the state and 5 others have been listed because the defendants.
The kingmakers — Yusuf Nabahani (Madakin Kano), Abdullahi Sarki Ibrahim (Makaman Kano), Bello Abubakar (Sarkin Dawaki man Tuta) and Mukhtari Adnan (Sarikin Ban Kano) — have been listed as first, second, third and fourth plaintiffs respectively.
They insisted that Ganduje’s assent to the invoice breaking apart the emirate, was finished in unhealthy religion and the motion was a desecration of centuries-old custom.
“The defendants, in purporting to amend the Emirs (Appointment and Deposition) Law, 1984 have desecrated centuries old and extremely revered traditions and heritage of the people of Kano and have uprooted the Plaintiffs numerous conventional titles with out giving a hearing to the Plaintiffs and their clans or having regards to ancestral historical past by hurriedly enacting the Kano State Emirs legislation, 2019.
“The defendants desecrated the ancestral historical past and all recognized legal guidelines related with or pertaining to Kano Emirate’s customs and custom by: (a) establishing Bichi Emirate comprising of 9 native governments together with Dawakin Tofa and Dambatta, the ancestral houses of the first and 4th plaintiffs. The first plaintiffs have her been underneath any authority of Bichi district.
“(b) Establishing Gaya Emirate comprising 8 local governments including Wudil and Gabasawa, the ancestral homes of the 2nd and 3rd plaintiffs,” the suit learn.
The kingmakers are additionally searching for a declaration that Ganduje lacks the ability underneath the present, “emirs laws of Kano state, 1991 to appoint emirs of Bichi, Rano, Gaya, Karaye or any other person and that the appointments made are unconstitutional, illegal, null and void.”
Recall that Legit Ejesgist reviews that the state now has 5 emirates: Kano, Rano, Gaya, Karaye and Bichi. All Emirs would have equal powers and are to be on the identical first-class standing as Sanusi.
The new heads embrace Aminu Ado Bayero, son of late emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, who's the pioneer emir of the newly established Bichi Emirate.
The Emir of Gaya is Alhaji Ibrahim Abdulkadir Gaya; the Emir of Rano is Alhaji Tafida Abubakar Ila whereas the Emir of Karaye is Dr. Alhaji Ibrahim Abukakar ll.
As it stands, Kano emirate headed by Sanusi has 10 native governments: Kano Municipal, Tarauni, Dala, Nassarawa, Fagge, Gwale, Kumbotso, Ungogo, Dawakin Kudu and Minjibir.
Rano emirate will management Rano, Bunkure, Kibiya, Takai, Sumaila, Kura, Doguwa, Tudun Wada, Kiru, Bebeji.
Gaya emirate has Gaya, Ajingi, Albasu, Wudil, Garko, Warawa, Gezawa, Gabasawa LGAs.
Karaye, Rogo, Gwarzo, Kabo Rimin Gado, Madobi, Garun Malam LGAs can be underneath the Karaye emirate.
Bichi emirate will management Bichi, Bagwai, Shanono, Tsanyawa, Kunchi, Makoda, Danbatta, Dawakin Tofa, Tofa native governments
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Job for Project Construction Manager ( Subgrade Earthwork) at China Geo-engineering Company - Nationwide
- Executive House Keeper, Food and Beverage Manager needy at Rovedana Limited
- Sales Supervisor at Viju Industries Nigeria Limited - Onitsha, Edo, Ondo, Ebonyi & Lagos
- Nestle Nigeria Plc Job for Factory Costing Analyst
- Customer Service Representative recruitment at TechAdvance Limited
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 225
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 12
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1027
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1512
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 146
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1111
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9