Barrister Muhuyi Magaji Rimin Gado, the suspended Chairman of the Kano Anti-Corruption Commission, is facing immediate dismissal and arrest after the State House of Assembly ordered his dismissal and arrest over a series of alleged financial claims against him.
The decision was passed during a plenary session presided over by Speaker Hamisu Ibrahim Chidari, which was hearing findings from a committee tasked with investigating the suspended chairman.
The head of the ad-hoc committee, Umar Musa Gama, revealed that the 12-member group had completed its investigations and had sketched out five suggestions when presenting the report.
He said the suggestions include the immediate sacking of the suspended chairman, the arrest and prosecution of Muhyi, and the formation of an ad-hoc committee to probe the public complaints and anti-corruption commission’s financial actions from 2015 to the present.
Labaran Abdul Madari, the majority leader of the House, told journalists shortly after the session that the joint committee set up by the House to investigate Muhyi discovered that the medical report given by the suspended chairman’s counsel was fraudulent.
The committee also recommended that Isah Yusuf, a level four officer working as an accountant at the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission, be dealt with appropriately by the state civil service.
According to Labaran, the committee also requested that the accountant who had been previously rejected by Muhyi start duty as soon as feasible.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )