Mr Alabi’s convoy ran into the protesters when they were marching to the Osun Government Secretariat.
On Thursday, members of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) and the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) protested in Osogbo, Osun State, demanding that the judiciary’s financial autonomy be fully implemented.
The demonstrators gathered at the state High Court in Oke-Fia and marched to the Customary Court via the Federal High Court, which is located across the street from the Osun State House of Assembly on Gbongan/Osogbo lane.
During a rally, they also blocked the convoy of Osun Deputy Governor Benedict Alabi.
According to report, Mr Alabi’s convoy collided with the demonstrators as they marched to the Osun Government Secretariat.
They displayed placards with various inscriptions to discourage the deputy governor and his vehicles from moving.
Judicial employees have been on strike for nearly a month, seeking financial autonomy for the judiciary.
Court operations have been halted across the country as a result of their boycott.
Details will be given later…
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal