Photo showing Imo State Under Serious Military Siege
The state of Imo is currently under military attack, with citizens fearful of hovering helicopters.
It was gathered that the tensions are high in Imo State, with the military laying siege to all nooks and crannies of the state capital, Owerri, scaring residents with weapons.
Two military helicopters have been circling over the city for three days, mounting surveillance to ensure they are not caught off guard by the ‘unknown gunmen,’ according to this online news outlet.
The attack on governor Hope Uzodinma’s house in Omuma might have triggered the growth.
Recall that the state has seen unprecedented attacks by unknown gunmen in the last several days, resulting in many deaths and property losses.
Following the assassination of the Eastern Security Network Commander in the Southeast zone, Ikonso, on Saturday, the situation appeared to have deteriorated.
The hoodlums ambushed the state Commissioner for Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship, Iyke Ume, and three other drivers around Orji divisional headquarters on Sunday night, shooting them twice in the shoulder.
A first-year student at Imo State University named Nwaneri was also shot and killed while driving across the Government House roundabout in Owerri.
Five police officers were killed at the Okigwe-South Police Area Command Headquarters in Orieagu, Ehime-mbano LGA in Imo state.
Motorists and commuters in the state capital now live in constant fear of the unknown.
Some people have returned to their villages because they are afraid of being struck by stray bullets.
On Wednesday evening, the bandits had a field day patrolling Owerri, firing sporadically in the air as pedestrians and residents took to their heels for cover.
According to reports, one trader was killed and a number of others were injured in Ogwa, in the Mbaitoli council area of the state.
# Imo State Under Serious Military Siege
Pay Attention To:
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc