The Nigerian Immigration Service has imposed an Embargo on the capture and issuing of passports to Nigerians.
Muhammed Babandede, the Comptroller General of Immigration, made the statement during a news conference in Abuja on Tuesday.
He explained that the decision was made to allow the service to clear its backlog, stating that new applications will not be accepted until the backlog is cleared.
READ ALSO : Governor Nasir El-Rufai Declares NLC President Ayuba Wabba, Others Wanted, Promises Hefty Reward On their Whereabouts
This implies that from today until May 31st, all passports in control offices will be closed to applicants, and passport payments will be made online when the portal reopens in June.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)