Three farmers within the Ijugbere axis of Owo Local Government Area, Ondo State, were reportedly killed by gunmen suspected of being Fulani herdsmen.
In a text message to DailyPost confirming the incident, Senior Special Assistant for Agriculture to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Akin Olotu, said the farmers were killed on Saturday night.
An assistant to Governor Akeredolu also characterised the killing as unfortunate.
“Those who accuse Governor Akeredolu of saying that the illegal occupants should vacate the forest should bury their heads in shame,” Olotu said.
The State Police Command Spokesperson, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, has not confirmed the killing.
Meanwhile, Mrs. Chidiebere Onyia, the abducted female reporter from the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has regained her freedom.
The Ejes Gist Naija News reported that on Sunday at 12 noon, Mrs. Onyia was released from captivity by her abductors.
Although it was not clear if a ransom was paid by the family, her husband allegedly informed some of her NTA colleagues that the woman had been set free.
Although the development was not yet confirmed by the police, Mrs. Onyia’s colleague, who spoke with TheNation, confirmed it.
“She said: “On Sunday, at 12 noon, she was set free. We are glad she was released from prison unhurt.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State