The AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine has been put on hold in Austria while authorities investigate reported cases of death and illness.
As a precaution, Austrian authorities have halted vaccinations with a batch of AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine while they investigate the death of one person and illness of another following the shots.
“The Federal Office for Safety in Health Care (BASG) has received two reports in a temporal connection with a vaccination from the same batch of the AstraZeneca vaccine in the district clinic of Zwettl” in Lower Austria province, according to a statement from the BASG.
According to the study, one woman, 49, died as a result of severe coagulation disorders, while another, 35, suffered a pulmonary embolism and is recovering.
A pulmonary embolism is an acute lung disease caused by a dislodged blood clot.
According to the health department, there is “no indication of a coincidental association with vaccination,” but residual stocks of the affected vaccine batch are no longer being used as a “precautionary measure.”
According to an AstraZeneca spokesman, “there have been no reported serious adverse effects associated with the vaccine,” and that all batches are subject to strict and stringent quality controls.
Trials and real-world experience, he claims, have demonstrated that the vaccine is safe and effective, and it has been approved for use in more than 50 countries. AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine. AstraZeneca also stated that it was in contact with Austrian authorities and would fully support the probe.
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
Latest Jobs in Nigeria
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at Edo State College of Agriculture for Academic and Non-Teaching Staff
- First Bank Recruitment 2021 for March / April (7 Positions)
- Massive Recruitment at the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Bank Teller Job Hiring at Tribest Corporate Support Limited
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State