The APC Presidential candidate poster for former President Jonathan-Malami has surfaced.
According to the Arewa 2023 Agenda for Peaceful Transition, the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) is planning to nominate former President Goodluck Jonathan as the party’s presidential candidate in 2023, with Malami Abubakar as his running partner.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 ALSO READ : DSS restricts Nnamdi Kanu from signing a letter for UK consular assistance
- 0.2 ALSO READ : Anambra High Court Reinstates Charles Soludo as APGA Governorship Candidate
- 0.3 ALSO READ :Take your Grievances to God, TVC News Presenter, Morayo Afolabi-Brown tells sacked Winners’ pastors
- 0.4 ALSO READ: Jubilation As Gallant Flight Lieutenant Abayomi Dairo returns to base after bandits shot down a military jet in Zamfara
- 1 Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
Usaini Ibrahim Kano, the group’s national chairman, said in a statement on Sunday that the Jonathan-Malami posters have already saturated several important sites around the country, indicating that the agenda is well advanced.
“This development comes on the heels of the National Convention and Congresses at the State level, which were originally postponed twice,” the group said. As preparations for the 2023 general election began in Ernest, there was concern about the cost of nomination forms for the various political offices of the party.
ALSO READ :Take your Grievances to God, TVC News Presenter, Morayo Afolabi-Brown tells sacked Winners’ pastors
“Observers argue that the internal wrangling over INEC’s decision to expand the number of polling units across Nigeria is child’s play in comparison to the party’s unresolved legal matters, numerous reconciliation committees whose findings are still pending, and the party’s new financial challenges.”
According to them, there has been a long-running internal war between all factions, including important players in the merger that gave rise to the APC in 2015
ALSO READ: Jubilation As Gallant Flight Lieutenant Abayomi Dairo returns to base after bandits shot down a military jet in Zamfara
“As the simmering problem in Zamfara escalates into a bitter court battle over the party’s future in the state, Tinubu’s faction struggles to keep control of the national headquarters. His group feels that seizing control of the party machinery is crucial to realise his presidential ambitions in 2023.”
” It’s also unclear where the Lagos strongman’s man sits on his benefactor’s desire right now. There are also rumours that VP has been told to “stop becoming anyone’s political errand boy” at this stage and express his political independence ahead of the 2023 election.”
“However, a minister and APC chieftain is reported to have already informed stakeholders that as one of the party’s founding fathers, no candidate should be imposed on the party as its presidential flagbearer or running partner for 2023 without the permission of the party’s key players.”
“He was believed to have openly questioned the party’s newest strategy to reintroduce Jonathan. He does not believe it is wise to re-elect the same Jonathan who was ousted by the APC.
“In the meantime, the race for Vice President ahead of the 2023 election has thrown up some of the ruling party’s most powerful members, all of whom have their eyes on the VP seat.”
“Nothing short of that position would be acceptable to a southwest Governor who has been working underground for nearly a year to find the simplest methods of capturing the seat of a presidential running-mate,” they claimed.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal