An ex-military General Joshua Dogonyaro from Nigeria has died.
General Joshua Dogonyaro, the former Field Commander of ECOMOG, has died.
According to family reports, the former Nigerian military general died in Jos, the Plateau state capital, on Thursday morning, May 13.
READ ALSO : Buhari Govt Careful with Kidnappers not with #EndSARS protesters, Omokri Blasts Lai Mohammed
This online news source, the retired general was known for being a member of the ‘langtang Mafia’ during his military service.
In 1985, General Joshua Dogonyaro was also in charge of announcing the coup that deposed current President Muhammadu Buhari.
An ex-military general from Nigeria has died. He proclaimed the coup that removed Buhari from power.
READ ALSO : State Govt Declares Friday Public Holiday
On August 27, 1985, the former Nigerian military general read the coup speech that deposed the Buhari military junta and installed the Ibrahim Bademosi Babangida junta. He was born in 1940 at Vom Missionary Hospital in Vom, Plateau State, and went to Saint Peter CMS Primary School in Bukuru before enrolling at Boys’ Secondary School in Gindiri.
General Joshua Dogonyaro later transferred to the Dental Technology School on Broad Street in Lagos, and was soon accepted into the Nigerian Defense Academy in Kaduna.
Ejes Gist Nigeria notes that the former Nigerian military general has died at the age of 80.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers