The Federal Government on Tuesday withdrew the corruption charges against the president of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick and four other members of the board.
The Federal High Court in Abuja presided over by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu discharged and acquitted Pinnick, NFF Secretary, Sunusi Mohammed; the 1st Vice-President, Seyi Akinwumi; the 2nd Vice-President, Shehu Dikko and an Executive member, Yusuff Fresh, after revealing that the office of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice wrote to withdraw the charges filed before the court by the disbanded Special Presidential and Investigation Panel.
The office of the AGF said that there was no basis for the charges filed against Pinnick and others
Mohammed Katu, counsel to the defendants while making his submission said, “We asked that since the prosecution has applied to withdraw the charges, the defendants should be acquitted.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022