EFCC has Placed Willie Obiano, Governor of Anambra On Watchlist
Willie Obiano, the incumbent Governor of Anambra State, has been placed on a watchlist by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) ahead of the handover of power in the state.
This was stated in a letter to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Comptroller General dated November 15, 2021.
The EFCC has demanded that Governor Obiano be placed on a watchlist and that he be informed whenever he travels out of the country via any of the international airports or other points of entrance and exit.
However, it is unclear why the governor was placed on a watchlist by the anti-corruption body.
The move, according to Channels Television, was an indication that the agency was quietly probing the governor and had intelligence that he was intending to flee after handing over office to his successor, Professor Charles Soludo, on March 16, 2022.
While in office, Nigerian governors are immune from criminal prosecution.
More to come…
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers