EFCC has Arrested Bukola Saraki over renewed allegations of corruption.
Gist Naija News has learned that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has taken former Nigerian Senate President Bukola Saraki into custody on charges of theft and money laundering.
Mr Saraki, the former governor of Kwara State, was detained on Saturday, according to sources familiar with the situation, which could lead to another round of trouble for the politician.
ALSO READ: Hushpuppi Allegedly Name Dino Melaye, Linda Ikeji, Daddy Freeze, Among Others As His Accomplices – Kemi Olunloyo (Video)
Between 2015 and 2019, Mr Saraki served as Senate President, during which time he was accused of corruption and false asset declarations. The Supreme Court acquitted him in June 2018.
However, according to our source, in his new case with the EFCC, Mr Saraki is expected to answer questions about alleged theft and laundering of public funds through a network of cronies and proxy companies.
The alleged proxies who allegedly carried out purported contracts for Kwara State under Mr Saraki allegedly made returns to the former governor for many years, forming a well-organized network of dirty money flow.
According to sources, the funds involved totalled hundreds of millions of naira and hundreds of thousands of dollars at various times.
Ejes Gist Naija News has learned that anti-graft investigators obtained a list of the proxy companies involved and analysed a pattern of suspicious transactions between them and Mr Saraki.
According to PREMIUM TIMES‘ investigation based on interviews with people familiar with the property, one of them has been allegedly responsible for funding Mr Saraki’s lifestyle, including paying over a hundred million to settle bills for rent and renovation of Mr Saraki’s Maitama residence.
More information will be provided later…
Thanks for reading EFCC Arrests Bukola Saraki
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)