Adeola Adedipe, a lawyer who had been engaged by fleeing ex-Chairman of Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT), Abulrasheed Maina in his ongoing trial for money laundering, has dumped the ex PRTT boss.
According to The Nation, the lawyer has applied to quit the case.
Adedipe, who is representing Maina’s company – Common Input Property and Investment Ltd -, told a Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday, at the resumption of proceedings in the case, that he has filed a notice, indicating his intention to withdraw from further representing his client.
The lawyer, who said his brief has not been perfected (he has not been paid by his client), apologised to the court for being absent from proceedings during some of the recent adjournments.
Ruling, Justice Okon Abang, who on the previous day, held that, by being absent in court, Adedipe has abandoned proceedings, noted that the notice the lawyer claimed to have filed was not in the court’s file.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022