Justice Stephen Pam of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has ordered the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, to arrest and bring the Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, to court.
This is due to the failure of the INEC boss to appear in court and refusal to obey a valid order court.
Justice Pam earlier on August 1st, 2018, gave the warrant of arrest of Professor Yakubu following his absence in court to give the reason why he should not be sent to prison for contempt of court.
PAY ATTENTION TO: Nobody Should Be Crucified For Leaving A Party, Says Soyinka
The contempt proceeding was filed by Ejike Oguebego and Chuks Okoye, Chairman and Legal Adviser of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Anambra State respectively.
Following the service of Form 49 on Professor Mahmood, the court summoned him to show cause why he should not be committed to prison for having disobeyed the order of the court made on December 5, 2014. The judge recollected that the matter was adjourned to August 8, for a continuation of the contempt proceeding against INEC, and its Chairman, Professor Mahmood.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)