A Magistrate Court number one sitting in Dutse on Wednesday has sentenced the 48 women who were recently arrested by the state Hisba command to three months in prison for prostitution.
The presiding judge magistrate Sadam Habib sentenced them to three months in prison each or fine option of five thousands Naira each.
He said the commercial sex workers pleaded guilty to the charges labeled against them and were consequently convicted and sentenced.
Recall Legit EJESGIST reported that the Jigawa state Hisba command arrested 48 suspected commercial sex workers and confiscated over 37 carton of alcohol at Gujungu market in Taura local government.
The suspects were arrested on Saturday at a popular Gujungu market in a joint operation conducted in collaboration between the Hisba command and Nigerian Police Force where 48 suspects arrested, 30 were females while 18 were males.
It would be recall that the state Hisba Commander General Ibrahim Dahiru Garki said the suspects were handed over to police for investigation after which will be charge to court for prosecution.
Hisba command is a Sharia law enforcement agency fighting against immoral act within the society
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]