Delta Hasn’t Received Returned £4.2m James Ibori Loot
Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, the governor of Delta State, said on Wednesday that the state government has not received the £4.2 million seized from the state’s former governor, Chief James Ibori, and returned to Nigeria by the British government.
The governor responded to claims by the Accountant General of the Federation, Mr Ahmed Idris, that the repatriated funds had been returned to Delta through his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olisa Ifeajika.
On Tuesday, the Federal Government’s Accountant-General, Mr Idris, told members of the House of Representatives’ Ad hoc Committee on Recovered Assets that the money had already been returned to the state.
But, according to Okowa, despite the fact that the government was aware of Mr. Idris’ claim, the money has yet to reach the state account.
On the issue, he assured that the state government was in touch with the federal government, particularly the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation.
“It expressed appreciation for the Federal Government’s disposition in releasing the funds to the state, and assured that it would acknowledge receipt of the funds when it arrived,” the statement reads in part.
“The government also assured the Federal Government and Deltans that the funds would be judiciously deployed, in line with Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s administration’s hallmark, particularly in the completion of projects it had previously informed the Presidency about,” reads the statement.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021