Abdulrasheed Bawa is now the new EFCC boss
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Abdulrasheed Bawa as the chairman of the Commission on Economic and Financial Crimes (EFCC).
A letter to the President of the Senate, Dr Ahmad Lawan, requesting the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly to screen and confirm Bawa for the position, contained the President’s nomination.
READ ALSO : Efcc Salary Structure and Ranks in Nigeria
A statement by Mr. Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, indicated that President Buhari acted in accordance with Section 2(3) of Part 1, CAP E1, of the 2004 EFCC Act.
President Muhammadu Buhari requested that Mr. Abdulrasheed Bawa be confirmed by the Senate as the substantive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
In a letter to Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan, President of the Senate, the President stated that he was acting in accordance with Paragraph 2(3) of Part 1, CAP E1 of the 2004 EFCC Act.
‘Bawa, 40, is a trained EFCC investigator with extensive experience in the investigation and prosecution of cases involving Advance Fee Fraud, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering and other economic crimes.
He has had several specialised training courses in various parts of the world, and in 2005 he was one of the pioneering EFCC Cadet Officers.
The statement said, “Bawa holds a B.Sc degree in Economics and a Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy.”
Ejes Gist Nigeria recalls that President Buhari suspended the Acting Chairman of the anti-corruption agency, Ibrahim Magu, over allegations of corruption last year.
What you should know.
Abdulrasheed Bawa is now the new efcc boss
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State