Parts of the country were plunged into a total blackout for hours on Sunday after the nation’s power grid collapsed again, The PUNCH reports.
Two of the power distribution companies in the country, Kaduna Electric and Eko Electricity Distribution Company, announced the national grid collapse on Sunday afternoon.
Kaduna Electric, in a message to its customers via its Twitter handle, said, “We regret to inform you that the loss of power supply in our franchise – Kaduna, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara states – is as a result of the collapse of the national grid. The collapse occurred at about 11:26 am this morning.
“Supply shall be restored as soon as the grid is back up. We regret all inconveniences,” the Disco added.
EKEDC, in a text message sent to its customers, said, “Dear customer, there is a system collapse on the national grid. Supply will be restored as soon as the issue is resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience.
The grid, which is being managed by government-owned Transmission Company of Nigeria, has continued to suffer system collapse over the years amid a lack of spinning reserve that is meant to forestall such occurrences.
Spinning reserve is the generation capacity that is online but unloaded and that can respond within 10 minutes to compensate for generation or transmission outages.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers