The news now at Ejes Gist is that theÂ Bauchi State government has confirmed a second case of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the state.
The Commissioner for Health in the state, Dr Aliyu Maigoro, announced this during a press briefing on Thursday in Bauchi.
According to him, the second case is a 62-year-old male and a close friend of the state governor, Bala Mohammed.
Maigoro explained that 48 samples were taken for test and two have been confirmed positive.
He added that 37 others returned negative while the results of nine samples were still pending.
The commissioner noted that the State Ministry of Health has since begun the contact tracing of the second case.
This comes two days after the government confirmed that Governor Mohammed tested positive for the disease.
In a statement on Tuesday, the governorâs Senior Special Assistant on Media, Mukhtar Gidado, explained that Governor Mohammed took the test after he had contact with the son of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who had been infected with the virus.
He said the governor had returned to Bauchi from an official trip to Lagos after he met with Atikuâs son on the plane where both men shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.
Governor Mohammed has since gone into self-isolation to prevent any possible spread of the virus.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOUÂ Â
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment â3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment atÂ OyoÂ state civil service commissionÂ
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE :Â No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]