Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on Saturday said some bandits terrorizing the state are currently targeting his seven-year-old son, Abubakar Al-Sadiq El-Rufai.
Governor El-Rufai revealed in an interview with BBC Pidgin that he surreptitiously withdrew his son from Kaduna Capital school after receiving news that bandits were organising an attack on the school to kidnap his son.
ALSO READ : How DSS butchered Sunday Igboho’s aide, Adogan after 48 gunshots failed to penetrate him – Ilana Oodua
According to reports released on Friday, the governor pulled the youngster from one of northern Nigeria’s oldest public institutions, where he had been enrolled in 2020.
“Both my son and daughter are enrolled in school because his sister turned six and we needed to enrol her.
“However, we had to temporarily remove them for the school’s security because we had intercepts from at least two gangs preparing to attack the school in order to kidnap my son,” he explained.
ALSO READ : BREAKING: I Was Arrested, Tortured In Kenya For 8 Days – Nnamdi Kanu Discloses To Lawyer
Following the state’s constant kidnapping of schoolchildren by armed bandits, the governor swore not to speak with the kidnappers.
Even if his son is kidnapped, he says he would rather pray for him to go to paradise than pay a ransom.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer