The father of the Speaker of the Zamfara State House of Assembly, Alhaji Nasiru Muazu Magarya, has been kidnapped by gunmen suspected of being bandits.
ALSO READ: We’ll deal with you in language you understand – IPOB Issues Strong Warning to herdsmen Terrorizing Enugu residents
During an attack on the Speaker’s community, Magarya in the state’s Zurmi Local Government Area, armed men also kidnapped his stepmother, uncle, and four others.
In the State House of Assembly, the speaker represents Zurmi East.
ALSO READ : Breaking: Top Police Officer slumps, Dies
The armed men stormed the community on Wednesday evening, according to Zurmi.
“This is the fourth time they’ve attacked the neighbourhood. They killed some people in the first assault, and in the second, they set fire to homes and carted away cows and other domestic animals,” he said.
Mustapha Jafaru Kaura, the state House of Assembly’s Director General of Press Affairs, told the newspaper that a press statement on the matter would be issued soon.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment for Graduates
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies