The Nigerian Army Sunday mentioned it has uncovered Boko Haram logistics provide syndicates amongst loggers and charcoal sellers in Borno.
The Acting General Officer Commanding (GOC) 7 Division, Brig.-Gen. Bulama Biu,made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri.
Biu was reacting to the ban imposed on the provision of firewood and charcoal in Borno.
He disclosed that intelligence report indicated that some sellers in Maiduguri have been hiding underneath the guise of firewood commerce to help the insurgents.
“Some of them are errand boys of the Boko Haram insurgents. They cover meals objects, medicine, petrol and different objects beneath their vehicles and provided them to the terrorists.
“We additionally discovered that a few of them are operating companies on behalf of the Boko Haram insurgents.
“They go deep into the forest the place odd folks couldn't enterprise; to chop down bushes, burn and produce charcoal.
"This couldn't be potential besides they're in settlement with the insurgents.
“We arrested a few of them they usually made fairly revealing testimonies. We shall fish them out to place an finish to their nefarious actions,” he mentioned.
Biu defined that the ban was briefly designed to checkmate actions of legal parts among the many sellers and to not make life tough for firewood and charcoal customers.
He acknowledged that the army had allowed suppliers from different states reminiscent of Oyo, Kano, Katsina, Niger and Kaduna to provide their items underneath strict supervision of the command.
Biu referred to as on the folks to assist the army and different safety businesses to finish insurgency in addition to shield lives and property.
On his half, Malam Maidugu Ali, the Chairman, Borno chapter of the Firewood Sellers Association of Nigeria, expressed dismay over the event.
He expressed the affiliation’s shock on the allegation by the army authorities.
Ali mentioned the union had engaged members of the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) to assist the army within the screening of its members earlier than permitting them entry into Maiduguri.
He additionally mentioned that the union had adopted measures to display screen automobiles conveying firewood or charcoal to Maiduguri, to verify suspicious actions amongst its members.
Maidugu disclosed that greater than 60 members of the affiliation have been killed by the Boko Haram insurgents prior to now 10 years.
“Three years in the past, we additionally recorded an incident when the insurgents’ hijacked considered one of our vehicles and used it for suicide bomb assault, each the driving force and his boy have been killed throughout the incident.
"We are additionally victims of insurgency; we're strict within the registration of latest members, any potential particular person should produce two sureties earlier than he was enrolled and interact in firewood commerce,” he mentioned.
Maidugu famous that the measure was to watch its members and guard towards any infiltration by the Boko Haram insurgents.
He reiterated the readiness of the affiliation to assist the army within the counter insurgency marketing campaign and peace restoration course of within the state.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- El-Bethel Clinical & Diagnostic Service Limited, Sagamu, Ogun State ( 6 Positions )
- Job for a General Manager in a Mega Supermarket in Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Empire Group : Recruitment for Field Executives
- Investment Manager at Oxford Gold Integrated International Limited
- Latest recruitment at Airtel Nigeria, 22nd August 2019
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Latest Recruitment 2019
- Mass Recruitment at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), 21st August 2019
- A Reputable Construction Company in Northern Nigeria : Ongoing recruitment ( 5 states )
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 38
- Adamawa State 18
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 11
- Benue State 10
- Borno State 18
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 228
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 14
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1071
- Gombe State 11
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1555
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 11
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 10
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 13
- Lagos State 167
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1155
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 17
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 15
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 28
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 10
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9