The Kaduna Division of the Court of Appeal has on Monday sacked a member representing Tudunwada/Doguwa Federal Constituency and Majority Leader of the House, Alhassan Ado Doguwa.
The Kano State and National Assembly Elections Petition Tribunal had on September 5, dismissed a petition filed by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Yusha’u Salisu, against Mr Doguwa’s election.
The tribunal said the PDP candidate failed to prove allegations of irregularities and over-voting in the election.
But in a unanimous judgment delivered by Justice Oludotun Adefope-Okojie, the Court of Appeal wondered how the tribunal arrived at the conclusion that PDP and its candidate had failed to prove their case.
While setting aside the tribunal judgement, the court nullified the entire election in the two local government areas making up the the federal constituency as the whole process was marred by irregularities.
The appellate court held that the entire election could not stand as Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had omitted other parties from the final declaration of the result.
The court said INEC made a substantial breach by writing the results of only two parties out of 53 parties that participated in the election in Form EC 8 (II) E.
The court therefore ordered INEC to conduct fresh election within 90 days in the entire constituency
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited