Mrs. Jumoke Anifowose and Dr. Nath Adojutelegan, two former governorship aspirants, have been dismissed from the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo State.
Jumoke is the daughter of Pa Adekunle Ajasin, the state’s first Executive Governor.
Both Anifowose and Adojutelegan were defeated by Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu in the APC primaries last year.
They took the party to court, requesting that the primaries be cancelled, because they were dissatisfied with the results.
Their lawsuits were dismissed by the Supreme Court last week due to a lack of merit.
Former governorship aspirants were suspended for indulging in anti-party actions, according to the party’s spokesman, Alex Kalejaiye, speaking at a press conference in Akure.
According to Kalejaiye, the party fulfilled all of the procedures outlined under Article 21 of the APC constitution.
He stated that the expulsion of the two former APC chieftains would be notified to the national leadership.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria