In Okprowo village in Ogbakiri community, Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State, a leader of a local vigilante group was killed alongside his younger brother.
Ike, also known as Sanni, the vigilante leader, and his younger brother were allegedly killed by enraged vigilantes in his community.
According to a community source, Sanni and his younger brother were assassinated in connection with a long-running “disagreement with his members.”
Ejes Gist News has learned that a new person has taken over as the new leader of the community’s vigilante.
The killing in Okprowo has been confirmed by the Rivers State Police Command.
Nnamdi Omoni, the command’s spokesman, confirmed the incident and stated that “investigation into the incident has commenced,” assuring that the intruders would be apprehended.
The killing comes just 24 hours after another member of a local vigilante group was killed in a reprisal attack in the same local government area.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer