Suleiman Aliyu, a lawmaker from Kaduna State’s Lere Federal Constituency, died at the age of 53, just days after another member of the House of Representatives, Haruna Maitala, died.
After a brief illness, Mr Aliyu died Tuesday afternoon at the Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital in Kaduna State.
The deceased recently won his case at the Court of Appeal, restoring him as the All Progressives Congress’s (APC) nominee and the winner of the February 23, 2019 House of Representatives election for the Lere Federal Constituency.
The court had set aside its earlier decisions in suit numbers CA/K/EPT/NA/18/2019 and CA/K/EPT/NA/19/2019 for being nullities in a historic judgement delivered on Friday, November 2, 2020.
By virtue of Section 287(2) of the 1999 Constitution, the court, which included Justices Obietonbara Daniel-Kalio, Saidu Tanko Hussaini, and Olutodun Adepope-Okojie, held that the Election Petition Tribunal’s decision cannot stand in the face of the superior courts’ judgments.
“The rulings of the Court of Appeal shall be followed in every part of the federation by all authorities and individuals, and by courts of subordinate jurisdiction to the Supreme Court,” according to the sub-section.
Pay Attention To:
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria