The news now at Ejes Gist Media is that the Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria, BON has disagreed with the National Broadcasting Commission, NBC over Nine million Naira fines slammed on three broadcast media stations, Africa Independent Television, AIT, Channels TV and Arise TV, demanding for withdrawal of the sanction.
Ejes Gist Media Recall that NBC had recently slammed a ₦3 million fine on each of the broadcast media stations, Africa Independent Television, AIT, Channels TV and Arise TV for what it described as “unprofessional #EndSARS Broadcast”.
The Chairman, BON, Hajia Sa’a Ibrahim in a statement demanded the immediate withdrawal of the fines pending when the media stations were accorded fair hearing to warrant such sanction.
Hajia Ibrahim said the procedure of issuing a query to the media stations to enable them to respond was not followed before the sanction.
According to her, “the BON is again saddened at the recent sanction on Africa Independent Television, AIT, Channels TV and Arise TV that was announced by the National Broadcasting Commission on “unprofessional EndSARS Broadcast. We kindly request that the sanctions on the stations be withdrawn immediately pending on the formal responses by the stations.
“As citizens, public and private entities on a democratic system of government like Nigeria, it is believed that applications of laws have its procedures and steps before reaching a final conclusion.”
“BON wishes to call on NBC to issue a formal query to each of the stations involved and give a stipulated period to formally respond before taking action. We also appeal to NBC to be more flexible in its application of sanctions, more so in this crisis period.
“We strongly believe in Democracy where citizens and entities are given fair hearing and justice, peace and unity are preached and practised,” the BON chairman added
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]