High level of poverty was caused by 60 years of mismanagement of public funds
The Nigerian Government led by president Muhammadu Buhari has attributed the looting of warehouses, shops, and destruction of properties by hoodlums to the #EndSARS protest.
Presidential Spokesman, Femi Adesina In an interview on Thursday, said, the protests gave room for the looting, wanton destruction of private and public properties, and killings in the country.
He revealed that the looting of the warehouses was not necessarily caused by poverty, asking those justifying the action to stop defending bad behavior. Adesina said attributing the looting to poverty is like making a case for arm robbery.
Adesina while condemning looting said that the burning of police stations and the killing of policemen led to the breakdown of law and order across the nation. He assured Nigerians that the federal government is doing everything possible to restore peace to the country.
Speaking further, Adesina noted that President Muhammadu Buhari was committed to leaving a legacy that would see that 100 million Nigerians are lifted out of poverty in the next 10 years.
He, further , revealed that the high level of poverty was caused by 60 years of mismanagement of public funds which could not easily be addressed in the remaining two years of the present government.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]