The Nigerian Army has denied that Boko Haram captured Damasak 24 hours after Buratai’s visit. The Army said the report was untrue and capable of misleading members of the public and the world at large.
Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Texas Chukwu in a statement said, “The attention of the Nigerian Army has been drawn to a publication on the social media on 12 September 2018, titled “BOKO HARAM CAPTURES DAMASAK 24 HOURS AFTER BURATAI’S VISIT.
”Nigerian Army wishes to state categorically that, the claim is not only untrue but capable of misleading members of the general public and the world at large.”
The statement explained that in the said story, the report stated inter alia that, Damasak is the location of 134 Battalion, adding that there was no such battalion in Damasak.
“The Nigerian Army earlier released a statement that troops of 145 Battalion in Damasak, Borno State were engaging Boko Haram Terrorists who came to attack their location at about 6pm on 12 September 2018,” the statement explained.
The statement also stated that, “Fierce battle is ongoing right now and the troops are dealing with the terrorists.
It stated, “The troops engaged and subdued the terrorists following a superior firepower of troops in Damasak. The troops’ aggressive posture, tactics and marksmanship resulted in neutralizing many Boko Haram Terrorists.
“Consequently, the Nigerian Army wishes to state that the fight against Boko Haram Terrorists in the North Eastern parts of the country is yielding positive results.
“The Nigerian Army, therefore, advised members of the public, particularly residents of the affected areas to go about their legitimate businesses and disregard the said report, as the Nigerian Army will continue to protect lives and property of citizens at all times.”
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]