ALSO READ : Breaking: Former Enugu High Court Judge, Justice Stanley Nnanji Killed By Unknown Gunmen
On a Channels Television broadcast, Shehu was questioned if Nigeria is safer now than it was in 2015, when his principal took over.
ALSO READ : BREAKING: Governor Hope Uzodinma Narrowly Escapes Death As Convoy Comes Under Heavy Shooting By Unknown Gunmen ( Video )
He further argued that the country’s current problems are fresh difficulties that have been primarily suppressed.
The presidential spokesperson said;
“As far as Boko Haram terrorism is concerned, Nigeria is a safer place today than it was in 2015 when he took power.
“New challenges have come up, farmers-herders clashes, and killings in certain sections of the country, much of those have been subdued.
“We have been confronted with sabotage of oil installations in the south-south that have been managed effectively up to this point.
“Challenges of kidnapping and banditry have risen in so many parts of the country, including the south-west. Though the south-west is the safest part of the country.”
However lamenting ove spate of attacks by Boko Haram, Shehu said the terrorists have disappeared and merged into a bigger threat. He said the group which pledged its allegiance to the Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) and has targeted military formations, civilians, religious centers among others, is being funded by the remnants of the Libyan Army in collaboration with Iraq and Iran.
The Presidential spokesperson said;
“What we are seeing today is that the Boko Haram that we knew has virtually disappeared and has merged to a bigger threat – ISWAP that is funded and financed by the Libyan Army and alliances that have been formed including Iraq.
“This is a challenge not only to Nigeria, Lake Chad Basin but to the Sub-Saharan region, and the whole of West Africa is tackling this together.”
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)