Boko Haram insurgents stormed the Damboa Council headquarters in Borno State, shooting heavily and engaging Nigerian security forces.
Also Read : Soldiers Brutalise Youths For Asking Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Their Land After Destroying Farmlands [Video/Photos]
The insurgents stormed the community around 5:30 p.m., according to Vanguard. Many people were thought to be dead, while others were injured (including the terrorists). Property has also been reported to have been set ablaze.
The District Head of Damboa, Zanna Lawan Maina, confirmed the Boko Haram invasion into Damboa but said he couldn’t provide details because the only telecommunication service (Airtel) was not clear enough for residents to communicate with.
“Yes, armed Boko Haram terrorists invaded Damboa this evening; however, I am not in town because I am on official business.
“Unfortunately, we were unable to gain access to Airtel’s only existing telecommunication service to determine the situation at the time of the incident,” Maina told Vanguard.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now