Boko Haram Fighters Ambush Military Convoy, Kill 15 Soldiers In Borno.
An ambush by the Boko Haram faction Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) on a military convoy is said to have killed 15 soldiers.
Military sources told AFP that the incident happened on March 11 near Gudumbali in the Lake Chad region. The ambush is also said to have injured 13 government fighters, including 10 troops.
ALSO READ : Edo Pastor Arrested for Applying Anointing Oil on Pregnant Woman’s Private Part and Breasts
According to a source,
“In the terrorists’ ambush in the forest near Gudumbali, we lost 15 soldiers and four civilian JTF (militia).”
The 10-vehicle convoy was on its way to Gudumbali from the town of Kukawa in Borno for a military operation against the insurgents when it came under fire, according to another military source.
ISWAP claimed responsibility for the ambush in a statement released on Saturday, March 13, according to SITE, a jihadist monitoring organisation.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)