Boko Haram attacks Geidam town in Yobe
Suspected members of Boko Haram Tuesday night attacked Geidam, a town in Yobe State.
ALSO READ : N15,000 For NIN Details Correction – NIMC
The attack was still on at press time, at about 6:30 p.m
The gunshots by the insurgents triggered numerous residents to worry and run away into the bush while others hid in their houses.
A local, who managed to talk to Journalist in a horrified voice, stated the gunshots were huge.
“The gunshot exterior is so much. I can’t talk now please,” the Geidam local stated.
The State police Public Relation Officer, Abdulkarim Dungus, told our correspondent that he heard the Divisional Policeman of Geidam shooting from his weapon when he attempted to contact him.
“I called my DPO in Geidam and he is likewise under fire. I could hear the gunshot from him. He has actually guaranteed to call back,” Mr Dungus, an assistant superintendent of authorities, said.
Geidam is about 200km from Damaturu, the Yobe State capital and one of the border towns between Nigeria and Niger Republic. It also shares a limit with Borno State from the north.
The town has been assaulted by Boko Haram a number of times resulting in loss of lives and home.
At the time of filing this report, many Villagers are still Missing
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)