Gates, once the world's richest man and recently second richest man, dropped to $107 billion as of July 18, 2019, according to Bloomberg's Billionaire Index seen by Business Insider SSA.
He is now the third richest man coming right behind Jeff Bezos and Bernard Arnault, the chairman and CEO of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, known as LVMH, the world's largest maker of luxury goods
Arnault, the French businessman, who was estimated to worth $80.8 billion in January, has gained more than $39.1 billion in the last one year, according to the Bloomberg real-time Billionaire list.
Bill Gates still worth more $100 billion
Although Bill Gates' Microsoft shares have recorded gains, his fortune is now outside Microsoft.
Since 2018 till date, his wealth has increased by $16.1 billion.
Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda runs Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the world's largest private charitable foundation.
The foundation has saved lives and contributed to global issues and causes. Within recent years, Gates has sold or given away much of his stake in Microsoft and partly owns over 1% of shares in the tech company he established in 1975.
He has donated more than $35 billion worth of Microsoft to the Gates Foundation.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment form 2020 for a State Project Internal Auditor (SPIA)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Current Jobs In Nigeria at Jhpiego an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University (15 Positions )
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates