The Biafra Nations League (BNL) has demanded that oil firms working in the Bakassi Peninsula begin paying taxes to the BNL leadership or face the region’s imminent doom.
The oil companies would be saved if they began paying taxes to the secessionist group’s leadership, according to the secessionist group.
In a statement to Ejes Gist Nigeria, BNL’s Deputy National Leader and Head of Operations BBS Media, Ebuta Akor Takon, cautioned that the group would not take lightly any company that refused to comply with their demands.
The party, which had previously given a quit notice to oil companies in the area, warned of imminent doom if they did not leave, threatening to “take them unawares and they will run” if they did not.
BNL also threatened to demolish billboards in Cameroon-controlled towns on the Bakassi Peninsula bearing the words “Republic of Cameroon.”
This, they say, is a way of punishing President Paul Biya for allegedly assassinating their supporters in the area.
“We’re not going to say when it’ll happen. Our date has been kept a secret. It will happen like a movie trick; we’re just letting everyone know so that when it does, there’s no need to pretend it’s unknown gunmen, unknown gang, or bandits; it’ll be BNL,” the group boasted.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out