The Biafra Nations League, BNL, mocked the Northern Union’s decision to lift the food embargo against Nigeria’s southern region on Thursday.
Princewill Richard, the leader of the BNL, stated that the “North is struggling to be relevant by using food production as a tactic.”
According to him, the union called off the strike after realising that the country’s southern region is self-sufficient.
According to Princewill’s statement to the DAILY POST, the union called off the strike because they realised the South would cut off fuel supplies to the North.
Due to alleged mistreatment of Fulani herdsmen and some Northerners residing in the south, the Amalgamated Union of Foodstuff and Cattle Dealers of Nigeria (AUFCDN) has threatened to stop supplying food to the region.
The union, however, called off the strike yesterday after meeting with a federal government delegation led by Kogi State Governor Yahaya Bello.
ALSO READ : Miyetti Allah Reacts to Governor Obiano’s Order Declaring Herdsmen With AK-47 As Criminals
In response, Princewill stated that the Northern groups have seen that they do not feed the South and that such “action was ineffective.”
“They have done theirs and discovered it is ineffective,” the statement reads. “You don’t suspend food supply to a region that produces food; we have Onitsha yam, Ogoja yam and Garri, Abakaliki rice, Delta North cassava, and many others.
“They believe they are feeding us because we purchase their goods whenever they transport them to our land.
“Once they realised the action was ineffective, they rushed to call it off because they know we can cut them off from oil while still feeding them on what we produce.”
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)