Not less than 25 Hausa/Muslims have been killed while two mosques torched in a retaliatory attack in Benue, following the killing of 17 Christian worshipers on Tuesday.
According to a BBC report, the mob barricaded roads, identified Hausa or Muslim commuters and killed them.
The leader of Izala Movement in the state, Sheikh Shuaibu, told the BBC that he counted bodies of 27 Muslims killed by the attackers at the teaching hospital.
He said a lot of Muslims have been killed, just as two mosques were razed down.
Benue State Police Command is yet to speak on the incident.
Suspected herdsmen had in the early hours of Tuesday stormed St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Ukpor-Mbalom Parish, Gwer East Local Government Area of Benue State, and killed two Catholic priests and 17 parishioners.
Recall that the Church attack came barely four days after the murder of 10 persons by the suspected herdsmen in neighbouring Guma Local Government Area.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]