The Nigerian Army has arrested a suspected Boko Haram member said to have been the mastermind of “most of the recent attacks in Benue State.”
He was identified as Aminu Yaminu, a.k.a Tashaku.
Tashaku was arrested by combined troops of 707 Special Forces Brigade, the Police and the Department of State Security Services in Makurdi,the state capital.
The army said the suspect “is believed to have masterminded most of the recent attacks in Benue State.”
“Following an intelligence report, it was gathered that AMINU has concluded plans with his cohorts in Bauchi, Borno, Yobe and Nasarawa states to launch a major attack on innocent citizens in Benue State,” the army added.
It pledged to ensure that “enemies of peace in the state are brought to justice,” and advised residents of the state to go about their lawful businesses without fear.
“They should also oblige the Nigerian Army and other security agencies with timely information that could lead to the arrests of criminal elements in our society,” it said. © NAN
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021