Bello Mohammed Matawalle, the governor of Zamfara State, has threatened that the North will be forced to avenge attacks on its citizens by Southerners.
Governor Matawalle warned that it was no longer appropriate to remain quiet as things deteriorated, urging Southern leaders to put an end to the attacks in order to prevent retaliation.
Governor Matawalle stated that it was no longer a time to play politics or pander to the public, but rather a time to tell things as they are for the benefit of Nigerians.
He went on to say that the type of politics being practised in Nigeria is politics without conscience, adding that Northerners are confronted with unfathomable circumstances in many parts of the South-West and South-East.
He was perplexed as to why Northern leaders and nobles have remained quiet while those in the South are believed to be standing firm, even though they are aware that their people are in error. This can’t go on like this.
“Our elegant silence in the face of constant incitement and attack, because of our intention for peace, must not be taken as a figure of weakness,” he said.
” No culture or region, in reality, has a monopoly on crime.
When asked about the current conflict in Sasha, Oyo State, between some Yoruba and Hausa traders, the Governor admitted that there has been no arbiter for Northerners until now.
” We have recently witnessed the destruction, killings, and devastation perpetrated against Northerners and their monetary interests at Sasha Market.
” Some of them have shamefully gone so far as to assign responsibility to the victims and casualties of their brutality, ” he claimed.
The Governor also condemned the alleged killing of Northerners in Imo State on Saturday, urging all leaders with conscience and a sense of God to speak out “against this never-ending barbarism and hatred.”
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer