Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri
The Bayelsa State Government has relaxed the COVID-19 lockdown few days to the Easter celebrations to enable Christians mark the event, according to Channels Television.
Governor Duoye Diri who is also the Chairman of the State Task Force on COVID-19 made the announcement on Wednesday during a briefing at the Government House in Yenagoa, the state capital.
According to him, churches with large congregation are to hold services with not more than 50 members at a time.
He also directed that smaller churches to conduct their services with no more than 20 members during the Easter celebration.
Speaking further, the state government asked residents of the state to observe the social distance rule as well as provide running water, soap for washing of hands and handkerchief for sneezing.
Similarly, the Taraba State Government relaxed the COVID-19 lockdown to enable residents of the state mark Easter service.
State Governor, Darius Ishaku who had earlier given the order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 said the relaxation on the lockdown will be effective from Thursday, April 9.
He noted that markets, shops, and other places of business are allowed to operate between 8:00 AM to 2:00PM daily, instead of the 6:00AM to 6:00PM.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Hassan Mijinyawa, confirmed the development in a statement issued on Wednesday.
Mijinyawa said Governor Ishaku is not unmindful of the hardship the lockdown has caused many families.
He explained that both human and vehicular movements are also allowed during the period with caution to avoid large gatherings and social distancing.
The state government noted that the lockdown remains a necessary step that must be taken to protect lives, while appreciating residents of the state for their compliance.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State