Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State has confirmed the passing on of his beloved mother, Mrs. GoldCoast Dickson. She was aged 72. The governor in a statement on Thursday by his Chief Press Secretary, Francis Ottah-Agbo, said the late GoldCoast died of cancer at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas, United States, where she had been receiving treatment.
Dickson expressed appreciation to the hospital, “especially the team of medical professionals who did their best” to save the life of his mother. The governor also thanked “family members, friends, political associates and Nigerians generally for their prayers and support in the most trying times for the Dickson’s family.”
The statement said that until her death, Madam GoldCoast was “a quintessential mother, a devout Christian and community leader who devoted her lifetime to the service of God and humanity.” Condolence registers have been opened variously in Government House, Yenagoa, the governor’s residences in Opolo, Yenagoa and Toru-Orua community in Sagbama Local Government Area, Bayelsa State Liaison Office in Abuja and Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out