Bayelsa Election Tribunal
The Governor of Bayelsa State, Douye Diri, has said, he will appeal the ruling by the tribunal nullifying his election as governor of the state.
He also said that he has instructed his lawyers to file the necessary papers.
Douye Diri made this known shortly after the tribunal ruled that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) wrongly excluded the Advanced Nigeria Democratic Party (ANDP) governorship candidate in the November 2019 election.
The governor said he has implicit confidence in the judiciary and he would triumph at the end.
“We trust in the judiciary and we are appealing the judgement. With God on our side, we will get justice.
“This is a court of the first instance and I have instructed our lawyers to file an appeal. We have a right to appeal even up to the Supreme Court.”
The governor urged members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and his supporters not to panic but continue to remain calm and law-abiding.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021