Daniel Salka, the hamlet chief of Sabon Layi Kwara, has been arrested and suspended in connection with the alleged violence that resulted in the death of his wife, Hajara.
The village head was suspended by Iliya Habila, Chairman of the Bogoro Local Government Council in Bauchi State.
Marcus Nehemiah, the council’s Director of Administration and General Services, revealed this in a letter to the suspended village chief on Sunday.
The suspension was effective immediately, according to Nehemiah, pending the results of the police investigation.
He went on to say that the suspended hamlet chief, a former Assistant Superintendent of Police, was accused of murdering his wife on April 19, 2021.
Salka was apprehended on April 26, 2021 in the Bayara suburb by a joint team of vigilantes and operatives from the Department of State Services and handed over to Bogoro police for investigation and potential prosecution, according to him.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst