Parents of the remaining Greenfield University, Kaduna students kidnapped by gunmen have pleaded with the Federal Government to save their children, claiming that the gunmen refused to release the students after an N60 million ransom was paid.
READ ALSO : JAMB News : 2021 UTME May be Postpone – Oloyede
They claimed they couldn’t afford the criminals’ new demand of N160 million in total ransom.
The children kidnapped by robbers on April 20, 2021 in a school along the Kaduna-Abuja route have been held captive for at least 24 days.
However, a few days after their kidnapping, the bandits murdered five of the 23 students for failing to pay the N800 million ransom requested.
In an interview with the Voice of America’s Hausa Service, the bandits’ leader, Sani Jalingo, also threatened to kill the remaining students if the parents did not deliver N100 million and ten motorcycles.
Chairman of the aggrieved parents, Marcus Zarmai, spoke on behalf of other parents in Kaduna on Thursday, pleading with President Muhammadu Buhari to utilise his good offices to facilitate the safe release of their children from the kidnappers’ hideout.
The kidnappers are now demanding a ransom of N160 million, with each parent expected to donate N10 million for the remaining 16 pupils, according to him.
This, he added, came after the parents had paid over N60 million to the bandits in exchange for the release of their children.
“We, the parents, are pleading with the federal government to help us pay the ransom demanded or find another means to assure our children’s safe return.
“The Federal Government should use the same technique that was used to rescue the kidnapped students in Jangebe, Zamfara State, Kankara, Katsina State, Kagara, Niger State, and Afaka, Kaduna State since our children are also Nigerians,” he added.
13 students and three female university employees are among the remaining 16 people in the robbers’ hideout.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021