Bandits have Released Greenfield University Student and sixteen Others Still in Captive.
One of the remaining 17 Greenfield University students in Kaduna who were kidnapped a few days ago has been released.
After killing five students last week, the bandits’ commander, Sani Idris Jalingo, reported on Monday in an interview with Voice of America (VOA) Hausa that 17 students, including 15 females and two males, were still in their custody.
READ ALSO : Bandits Threaten To Kill Remaining 17 Greenfield Students if N100m is not paid Before Tuesday, After collecting 50m Ransom
If N100 million and ten Honda brand motorcycles, popularly known as Boko Haram, are not delivered to his gang as ransom by the end of Tuesday, May 4th, the 17 students will be killed.
READ ALSO : BREAKING: Gunmen Abduct Miyetti Allah’s Chairman
Even though the student has been released, the fate of the remaining 16 students remains uncertain, as the bandits have threatened to kill them if their parents and government do not pay the N100 million ransom and provide ten new motorcycles.
READ ALSO : Breaking: Sheik Gumi Reveals Identify of Abductors of Greenfield University Students, Urges Govt to Pay Ransom ( Video )
When contacted by The Nation, the mother of the released student, Mrs Lauritta Attahiru, said, “I can’t speak right now.” However, she had previously reported her son’s release to Channels Television.
Mrs Attahiru, who declined to say how her son was released or whether a ransom was paid, clearly stated that her son was free.
While police and government officials have yet to confirm the news, The Nation has learned from sources that the student was released for a ransom of N20 million.
Some of the parents have reported that the student was released after his mother, a retired Army officer’s wife privately negotiated and paid ransom to the bandits.
The parents also reported that the bandits had previously negotiated with them separately, demanding as much as N20 million from each of them before demanding a total of N100 million and ten motorcycles on Monday, May 3.
Pay Attention To:
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria