Bandits kidnap widow of PDP chairman, 13 others in Kogi State
14 people were abducted by alleged robbers, including the widow of Barrister Mathew Kola Ojo, former Zonal Chairman of Kogi West of the Democratic People’s Party, PDP.
READ ALSO : Court orders final forfeiture of millions found in former Governor Abdulaziz Yari’s account to FG
The victims were abducted in Iffe, in the Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, on Monday morning, January 25.
Five of the victims, except the widow, were allegedly released by the gunmen.
Chief Femi Mokikan, the president of the Okun Development Association (ODA), who confirmed the incident, said the kidnappers approached Mrs. Kola-family Ojo’s but have yet to make demands.
“The persons they (kidnappers) called was a family uncle to the woman, telling him they have Mrs. Kola-Ojo in their custody. But before they could state their ransom, the man’s phone experienced flat battery. We are hoping that they will call back today,” Chief Mokikan said.
“Around 10:30 a.m. I got the information about the Kidnapped saga and we began screaming for assistance to those who matter, including the Governor’s Senior Security Adviser,” he added.
He said ODA works around the clock in partnership with Ijumu Local Government officials to ensure their safe and fast publication.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications