Bandits kidnap widow of PDP chairman, 13 others in Kogi State
14 people were abducted by alleged robbers, including the widow of Barrister Mathew Kola Ojo, former Zonal Chairman of Kogi West of the Democratic People’s Party, PDP.
READ ALSO : Court orders final forfeiture of millions found in former Governor Abdulaziz Yari’s account to FG
The victims were abducted in Iffe, in the Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, on Monday morning, January 25.
Five of the victims, except the widow, were allegedly released by the gunmen.
Chief Femi Mokikan, the president of the Okun Development Association (ODA), who confirmed the incident, said the kidnappers approached Mrs. Kola-family Ojo’s but have yet to make demands.
“The persons they (kidnappers) called was a family uncle to the woman, telling him they have Mrs. Kola-Ojo in their custody. But before they could state their ransom, the man’s phone experienced flat battery. We are hoping that they will call back today,” Chief Mokikan said.
“Around 10:30 a.m. I got the information about the Kidnapped saga and we began screaming for assistance to those who matter, including the Governor’s Senior Security Adviser,” he added.
He said ODA works around the clock in partnership with Ijumu Local Government officials to ensure their safe and fast publication.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Digital & eCommerce Talent Pool Recruitment 2021
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC Recruitment 2021
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com