Terrorists, also known as bandits, have burned at least 37 people alive in Sokoto State’s Sabon Birni Local Government Area.
Terrorists stopped the travellers, who were attempting to migrate to other parts of the country due to insecurity in their communities, about six kilometres from Sabon Birni town.
The incident happened at 9 a.m. on Monday, witnesses told the BBC Hausa Service.
“They were about 6 kilometres from Sabon Birni when the tragic incident occurred at Gidan Bawa.
According to witnesses, the victims’ bodies were buried in a mass grave.
“My uncle and his four children were among the victims. When we arrived on the scene, they were already dead. The witness stated, “We counted 25 charred bodies.”
Only seven of the 45 travellers survived, according to another witness, who added that they were currently fighting for their lives in the hospital.
The incident has yet to be discussed by the police.
- Buhari sacks Abuja DisCo management. See Why
- Former Nigerian Governor is Dead
- Npower News Today Tuesday 7th Dec 2021 on October, November Salary
- JAMB Literature Text Book for language subjects in 2022 UTME
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022